Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Snow Day", or "Rockslide Day", or Maybe "Road Closed Day"

Another change in routine today. Every Tuesday, Kari, Clay and I go to the rainforest to teach English. Well, this morning as I was eating breakfast with 2 ladies from my house, we were watching the news. The road that leads to Sarapiqui was closed, still. They closed the road Sunday night, from a rockslide (from my understanding), and still haven't opened it yet. Here, I guess, when a road closes there aren't a whole bunch of other routes available (at least outside of San Jose), so you just don't go, or sit and wait (I think this morning it was up to a 6 hour wait). Needless to say, we didn't go to Sarapiqui today.

So now when a road is closed or there is a traffic jam, be glad you probably have many other route options to get you where you need to go.

1 comment:

The Goudy's said...

Hi Jessica! Jason Goudy from Hope Church here. Just wanted to check in and see if there are any prayer requests you want us to pray for.

God bless!

Jason