Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Catching Up

I know it has been a long time since I have written. I have been house sitting and have not had access to the internet. Last week was not a super exciting week, so I did not feel the need to write because it would not have been much fun to read. Although this week will change all that. I am busy every day!

Today I was teaching in Sarapiqui (about a 1 1/2 hour bus trip one way). This was the first time I actually taught, before I just observed. Today I had 3 students. One was the pastor of the church. He is actually a little farther ahead in the book, but missed the last couple weeks, so is no longer as far as Kari's class, so he's reviewing with me. My other 2 students are new. I believe one has had some English in the past and so is doing fine with what we did today. My other student, however, has never had English and isn't grasping it as fast. So you can pray that I find a way to make sure she gets what's being taught as well as being able to move at a pace that doesn't bore the more advanced student. You can also pray for me as I travel. I have never been one to get car sick, but for some reason every time I have taken a long bus ride, whether to Sarapiqui or to the beach, I have had a sick feeling. This definitely makes the ride not very enjoyable.

Then what was left of this afternoon was spent at my old house taking down the Christmas tree and playing with my "boyfriend" (Rosy's - the lady who runs the house - grandson who is less than 1 year). He is super cute!! I even went running with Kari tonight. It wasn't overly hot, so I agreed to go, but it still wasn't cool in any sense (as we are now entering the summer months of Costa Rica).

No comments: