Monday, January 28, 2008

More Life in CR

Every Mon, Thur, and Fri morning I have tutoring with Ligia, the wife of the pastor whose church I attend. This is an extremely great family and I enjoy going over to their house and spending time with them.

This morning was an interesting morning at Ligia's house. The morning was going as usual. Then about 1 hr 15 min into it, Ligia's oldest son, David, noticed there was a rat in their "garage." I only saw the nose and eyes of it because it was hiding behind a tire of their car. Anyways, so David went out with the dog (who was probably as scared of the little rat as the rat was scared of him) to try to get the rat. We're (Pastor Manuel, Ligia, and I - their 2nd son, Daniel, eventually joined David) watching from in the house. I guess the rat started running towards the door to the house, so Ligia or Pastor Manuel slammed the door shut and Ligia screamed. Then the rat ran into their little front yard and ran into a hole. One of the boys opened the door to let the dog in. Ligia didn't realize it was the dog and screamed again and almost shut the door on the dog. (The doors here aren't like the doors at home. They have 2 doors, the "storm door" which isn't really a storm door and the gate. The rat could have run through the gate into the house, so that is partly what makes this story more entertaining. However, I suppose it would only be really entertaining or scary if you either knew the people/situation, or were their to experience.)

Let's just say I had a good laugh over this morning.

However, for those who thought the bugs was really gross (and therefore will probably think the same about this story) and not want to come visit, have no fear - or less - this is the first rat sighting I have been around. Plus, if you have a good attitude and are able to laugh, the situation really isn't all that bad!! (Plus, there are mice and rats in houses in the US as well, so it's really not all that different.)

1 comment:

Lakeville Vertical said...

Jessica,
I saw your mom tonight at a Hope Ladies event and she updated us on how you are doing. I've thought a lot about you and will continue to pray for you. My oldest daughter misses you for a teacher in Awana. You were so great with her and I am thankful for you. (I'm not using names on my blog) She will be so excited when I tell her I finally checked out your blog. Thanks for the updates and continue to let us know what is new with you. It is a priviledge to pray for you. Blessings.