Friday, January 18, 2008

An Exciting Week

This week has been super fun! Kari and I started up some of our ministries again, so that was definitely exciting! Plus this week has been full with activities every day!

Since I already wrote about Mon and Tue, I'll just tell you about Wed and Thur. Wednesday morning Kari and I went to the Spanish Language Institute to sign up for the Feb. intensive course. I was pretty nervous before Wed about taking the intensive because its about 4 hrs of spanish every day 5 days a week, but after going and talking to the lady in charge of signing students up, I am much more excited than nervous about the intensive! I'm excited about being able to speak much better spanish after this course! I will be starting on Feb 18 and it goes until March 14, so you can keep this in your prayers!

After the institute, Kari and I went downtown for lunch before meeting up with Pastor Manuel and Ligia, and 2 of their sons, to go to a museum about the history of Costa Rica. It was a great afternoon. It was fun being able to hang out with the family in a non-tutoring setting! I also found it very interesting reading a little about the history of Costa Rica. There was one part of the museum that had told of the process of making gold figurines that the indians used. I found this the most interesting because I've never really thought about how to make the gold objects. Every thinks that we're super smart these days in how we make different things and that people along time ago didn't know all that much. When in reality people from long ago were incredibily smart.

Then Wed night I "babysat" Krish and Cindy. We had fun. We played a game called Banco, which is the CR version of Monopoly. The girls have their own rules that I don't think are how exactly to play, but it was still fun!

Thursday was tutoring for 2 hours (but ended up being 3 hrs because we were having a good talk). Then I was home for a while. I played Banco again with Krish and Cindy. After a while, I went to Kari's house so we could make a cake for tonight (Friday) for our friends' birthday party, but the oven was in use so we didn't get to make it. The best part of Thurday was being able to go to the Sappia's house (a CMA missionary couple). Kari and I went over around 7 pm and started watching Pride & Prejudice (the long, 6 hr, version)! It was fun being able to hang out with Lisa and John, plus Lisa made a cake called Tres Leches (3 Milks) and it was DELICIOUS!!

Now tonight I will be going to Kari's house for a birthday party! (I'll write more about that tomorrow.)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Hey Jessica! Sorry it has taken so long to get in touch with you. Glad to hear you are doing well! Don't worry about your intensive course, you will do great! You are immersed in the culture and the language plus you are sooooooo smart!! Here is a verse I appreciate when I don't feel "equipped": Ephesians
2:10 For we (YOU JESSICA) are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which he has prepared in advance for us (YOU) to do!!

Love and Blessings,
Stacy Ashley