Thursday, December 6, 2007

Goodbye

Well, it's the early morning hours of the day I leave and I am so full of mixed emotions... I am very excited that I have this opportunity, but there are so many unknowns. I honestly never really thought this day would come, the day I leave for the missions field for more than 14 days and the day I leave to travel alone (physically since obviously God will be with me). It has been great talking with people who understand, at least to some degree, what I am going through and what I will be going through.

In a few hours I will be walking through my house for the last time in quite a few months, I will be thinking about all the things I didn't get done and wondering if I packed enough or pack too much. I will be saying goodbye to the people who I am closest to on this earth and who mean the most to me...not that those I have already said goodbye to aren't close to me, because there are so many people I have said goodbye to in the last few days...but I don't think any goodbye will be as hard as that to my parents and sister (well except maybe Harlan, but he won't be there to get all emotional with ;) )

All that sounds so down, so on the cheery side, tomorrow my adventure officially begins, tomorrow the steps to my future begins. Tomorrow the most exciting part of my life so far starts. I know God will do amazing things over the next year and I am excited to take that next step in the process. I am excited to meet new people, learn a new culture and language. I am excited to find out what God has put me on this earth to do.

Thank you so much to everyone who has been a part of this adventure. I have been so blessed by everyone in more ways than I could even begin to describe. God has put so many wonderful people in my life, some for my whole life so far, some for most, and some only very recently, but each has played an important role in getting me to this point, so thank you! May you be blessed beyond your wildest dreams!

Side and completely random note: I know many of you (at least those in MN) are not very excited about the snow, so I must apologize because I think that God gave me the snow before I left as an early Christmas gift because He knows how beautiful I think it is. For those of you who enjoy the snow as well, I'm glad we can share in this joy together!!

No comments: