Saturday, December 8, 2007

Second Day

WARNING: Do not get too used to having messages posted everyday because soon it will not happen anymore...Everything is just so new and exciting and I have a little time. I will stay as up to date as possible though!

This morning I was able to see the Costa Rican sunrise because around 10:30 last night Kari and I go a call saying the group we meet with for small groups wouldn't be meeting Saturday night because they were going to be going to a benefit concert/telethon thing for Latino Hospitals. So Kari and I were up around 3am and at the church a little before 4am! AAHHHH!!!!! We ended up having to wait outside the building for about an hour because a famous Latin group from Argentina was coming so everyone wanted to see them.

This was a fun part for the most part. I was able to meet some of the high school age kids from the church, but it was frustrating because I can't communicate as well as I want. I know in time this will come but it's not quite there yet.

That was about the most exciting and noteworthy part of my day. After dinner I will meet some Americans from Ohio, so that should be exciting.

Thanks for your support!!

2 comments:

Jeff and Lisa Olson said...

We are praying for you!!!

Hang in there-we have no dobt that you will adjust to the language and often distrupted sleep hours!!!

Our Family said...

Jessica,
Glad to here you are doing well in Costa Rica. We have been praying for you here at Hope and we will be praying for you this evening in youth group. Thanks again for sharing with the group. I am hopeful that many will follow in your foot steps.