Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My Home

Now that I will soon be moving out of my house, I thought I'd post some pictures of where I live now, as well as give you a better idea of where I am in CR and the city structure.

The first picture is of the outside of my house, none of the windows lead to my room. The room I'm staying in is actually where the maid would live, that is why I have my own bathroom. This room is also in the back of the house and I actually have to walk outside of the house to get to my room. I like it!!
Now, the way Costa Rica is set up, as was explained to me by my tutor (so this is also assuming I understood everything correctly):
Costa Rica is 1 country (paiz) that has 7 providences (provincias). The providence I live in is San Jose. Within each providence there are cantones. San Jose has 11 cantones and the one I live in is Canton Central de San Jose. Within the cantones, there are distritos (I don't know how many there are in Canton Central de San Jose). The distrito I live in is called San Francisco de Dos Rio. Finally, the distritos are broken down into barrios (again, I don't know how many are in San Francisco). The barrio I currently live in Barrio Sauses. In January, I will be moving to a new barrio, but I'm not sure what it is called, it might be Barrio Bosque, but I'm not certain.
I hope this helps you to understand a little more, it helped me to get a better understanding of where I am and how the country and the cities are broken down!

No comments: