Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Feliz Navidad


Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope you all had a WONDERFUL time with family and friends!


Things were a little different here. I cannot say it felt a whole lot like Christmas. For one, there's no snow...we did get a lot of rain this morning, so I guess that counts for something right?!? Secondly, there's not Christmas music being played EVERYWHERE. The stores and shops don't constantly play Christmas music and since I'm not frequently in cars, I don't listen to the radio to hear Christmas music (I don't even know if they play much). Finally, I'm not surrounded by my family and all the planning that goes into Christmas get togethers.


This is my first Christmas away from home, but it was still a great Christmas. I was able to sleep in (or at least stay in bed) all morning, a Christmas first!! Then we had lunch at my house a little after 12pm with Rosy, Rosy's daughter and baby, Rosy's son, Stick (one of the boarders), Kari, and I. It was a fun time (although I didn't understand all of the table talk happening...)


Then for supper, Kari and I went over to Chuck and Robbi's for a Christmas dinner with them and their daughter Melanie. It reminded me of home! We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, sweet potatoes and much more! It was so good! We just had a quiet evening with the 5 of us!


I was also able to talk with Harlan and Josie in the morning and the Lloyd family in the afternoon. That definitely made Christmas even more special!


Tomorrow afternoon, Kari and I are headed to the beach for a few days of relaxation (since we can't have snow, we might as well get some sun)!

No comments: