Saturday, April 5, 2008

First Missions Team

I haven't written in a while because I have been in Sarapiqui translating for a missions team from Washington. I'll write more later when I have more time and am a little more awake, but I thought I'd write a little tonight.

I didn't know what to think about translating for a team, especially after I found out Kari wasn't going to be around and I was going to do it on my own (obviously God was with me, but you know what I mean). But God was good. I could not have asked for a better, more understanding group of people to work with. There were 16 men and women from Everett, WA that have become family. Each person made me feel as through I had known them for years instead of days. They all had such great hearts to serve the Lord and just be with the people around them.

I was definitely stretched during this time. Having to translate for 16 people (since they didn't speak Spanish, at least not a ton, although they tried and I love them for it), was difficult, but do-able. Trying to understand what all needed to be done and what all needed to be said, was again difficult, but do-able. Jumping into a group where I knew nobody, was at first intimidating, but after getting to know the group was fantastic. I had plenty of moments where I had no idea what was going on or I didn't understand various problems, but the group, and the locals, were extremely patient with me, and that is more that I could have ever asked for.

I now have another family in Washington (other than Harlan and Josie, who of course are extremely important!). I will definitely miss seeing them every day and facing challenges. I will miss spending time with my new Tico friends in Sarapiqui. I am SO thankful for this group. Now, all the groups who I will work with in Peru have a lot to live up to!

Thank you to my friends, my family, from MVCC!!

No comments: