Friday, March 28, 2008

Visitors!!

Sorry I haven't written in a while. Costa Rica decided to add a number to our phones, so the internet was a little off for a while. I'll try to do a quick recap about what I've been up to!


As my last entry said, my friend Kerri came to visit for a week. We had a great time together and it was SO good to have a friend from home here and wee what I've been doing. One day, Kerri, Kari, and wanted to see Poas, which is one of the active volcanoes in CR. I had mentioned that to one of the men who help out at the Comedor. He had plans to visit a pastor that lived near there, so he volunteered to take us. Well, that day it decided to rain and was COLD (see your breath cold) and rainy at the top of the volcano, so we didn't want to say and freeze to death. Therefore, we accompanied Keith. After getting lost a few times, we finally made it to where we needed to go. We stayed for 30-45 mins, then Keith decided we needed to visit Arenal (another active volcano). That may not sound like a big deal, but normally, you don't see 2 volcanoes in 1 day. When we got to Arenal, it was cloudy there as well so we didn't get to see anything cool (Arenal usually spits a few things every night, but since there were clouds, we didn't see anything - how sad). Then we returned home. That day, we spent about 12 hours in the car...but we got to see a lot of CR!!


We also spent 1 day at the beach, which was a lot of fun. Kerri got a little fried, I got a little red, but not too bad. Then on Tuesday, I had to take her to the airport, sad day. It was so great to have her here and spend a week with her!!


Another exciting thing here is that Alicia and the Crown soccer teams are in Costa Rica for a missions trip. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to see them, but, praise to God, I was able to spend last night and today with them!! It was so good to see Alicia and the teams. It really made me miss home even more after spending time with them. We went to a zipline, my first! It was way better than I had imagined!! Then we ate lunch at a restaurant in my town, so I was glad they could see a little of where I lived. I'm so glad they were able to come to CR and see a little of what I get to see and experience every day (although obviously it's a little different).


If anyone else wants to come for a visit, I'd love to have you!!

No comments: