Friday, March 14, 2008

School's Out

Today I "graduated" from ILE (Instituto de Lengua Espanola).  So for those of you who may think that over the last month I was just goofying off, I have a certificate that proves I had 60 hours of Spanish training (I will post some pictures later).

I can hardly believe that the month is already over.  The first day I didn't think the end would ever come, but now that it's here, that's hard to believe.  I'm excited to be done and focusing on the ministries again, but at the same time, I met some really great people, some of whom I may never see again this side of heaven, and that is a little sad.  

Then some added news is that Kari will be heading back to the States for a month for personal reasons.  Therefore, I will end up being here and doing our ministries alone.  Obviously God will be with me during this time, but it will definitely be different.  I know that during this time I will grow and learn to depend on God even more.  But please continue to pray for me.  I will have a lot more responsibility.  I will be teaching 2 (maybe 3) English classes, teaching at the Comedor, and translating for a missions team that is coming end of March beginning of April.  The translating is what is the scariest at this time.  Please pray for these ministries and that God will use me in ways I can't even imagine and will speak through me, even with my limited Spanish. 

I will definitely continue to keep you all informed as the days and weeks progress!!

No comments: