Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Reflection on "Back to Real Life"

Everytime I get done with a mission trip and return to "real life" it's always hard. I get back to the US, get back to my regular routine, and the trip, though very important, seems to fade and feel like a dream (when you only spend 1-2 weeks in a place, you don't really get to know what daily life is like, etc).

The strange thing is, that after my trip to Saraqiqui with the WA group, I feel the same way, yet I'm still in CR and technically, still on a mission trip. The time there was great and I'm so thankful for, and for all the people I met, but, after only 4 days of being home, it feels as though it was all just a happy (sometimes frustrating) dream.

It was strange waking up Sunday morning in my own room and going about my normal Sunday routine. It was strange not having 16 other people with me. And it was strange that I was the only one I had to translate for (although I did have to translated a little in Sunday School for 2 of the MKs here).

After working with this group, I am much more excited to be working with more teams in Peru. I don't know if every team will be as much fun, as encouraging, and as patient, but I do look forward to meeting more teams and learning from them!

2 comments:

momrivera said...

we all had a hard time returning to real life, but I want you to know you will be a blessing to any team you translate for. Love you my Costa Rican Daughter :-)

walkingwithdinos said...

Of course you won't find another group as fun as us! :)

Thank you for all the great memories and your love and support for your "family of 16"!