Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Upcoming Activities/Prayer Requests

Monday I was talking with one of my directors about what was all happening in the near future and it made me realize how fast things are coming up.

A month from last Monday I'll be going to Peru for about 3 months. I can hardly believe it's already time! I'm so excited to return to my heart's country. I wonder what things will be like this year. I'll be able to communicate much better and this will help me build better/stronger relationships. I will be able to get to know our sister church MUCH better and hopefully continue to bridge any gaps between our churches. Plus during all of this, I will still be translating for other groups, therefore, I will not be focusing on my church's relationship as much (kind of throws in another dynamic). It will also be different being in Peru without a team from my church, without my family and friends. However, I am SO excited to see how these relationships grow! Please be in prayer for Kari and my preparation before, as well as our traveling and time there.

This Friday through Monday I will be accompanying my directors to El Salvador to renew my visa. I don't really know what all we'll be doing, but I'm excited to see how the church and culture is in El Salvador. (I am told this church resembles a lot of the church in Chepen, so that makes me even more excited!) Please pray that our travels go smoothly.

A week from last Tuesday, Kari returns!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! I'm so excited to have her return and be doing ministries with her! I am also very glad that everything went well back home. Praise to God that things went well and pray that she returns safely.

The week after Kari gets back, all the CMA missionaries will be spending 4 days at the beach. The adults will be having a conference of sorts and relaxation between trimesters at the language institute while Kari and I will be doing a VBS for the kids. We are all looking forward to the ocean, a pool, sun, relaxation, and fellowship! Please pray for safety traveling and during our time together. Please also pray that Kari and I will get everything planned for the VBS.

Then that leads us up to about 2 weeks to Peru. This next month is going to FLY!

Thanks for your continued prayer!

No comments: