Tuesday, April 22, 2008

El Salvador, Part 2

My weekend in El Salvador was great. I stayed with one of the pastor's and his family. Mario and his wife Mimi and their 2 sons, Mario (or Marito) - 13 yrs, and Joel - 10 yrs. They were a great family. It was a little different and a bit scary living with a family I don't know, but by the end, Marito told me he wanted to hide my passport so I couldn't leave! They're a crazy group of boys, but boys one just has to love.

Friday consisted us of traveling and eating dinner with Pastor Francisco and his wife and daughter. We went to an typical meat restaurant. I wasn't overly hungry, so I only ate a little, but what everyone else ate looked good. Saturday, there was a CMA National Church meeting. The meeting wasn't overly exciting. It would not have been overly exciting if it was in English, let alone in Spanish. But it did give me a better understanding of what life as a missionary is like. Then Sunday we went to a one of the churches for the service, then had a relaxing afternoon. The service was good. It is a small church full of young people, but I really enjoyed it. We also went to a couple malls just to see what they were like and have a couple meals. One of the malls especially, was BEAUTIFUL (I never thought I would say that about a mall, but it was) - they definitely beat any malls I've been to in the States (granted I'm not much of a shopper, but I think I'd enjoy it more at the malls in El Salvador).

If we could get rid of the humidity, or at least lessen it a bit, I think I would thoroughly enjoy El Salvador much more than Costa Rica.

Please enjoy some pictures!

No comments: