Monday, February 4, 2008

El Comedor

For those who don't remember, every Saturday Kari and I go to El Comedor. This is like a soup kitchen for kids with a Bible study and songs thrown in (plus the food is better than watered down soup). I brought my camera last Saturday - a BIG hit with the kids. I brought my camera so I could share some of the kids' faces with you all, but also so I can, hopefully, remember more names next week.


This last Saturday I was also able to help with the teaching. I didn't do much, I just read a story, Kari did all the hard stuff. We were in charge of the younger kids so that was a little less intimidating for me! So from now until I'm speaking better Spanish, I'll probably read the story while Kari teaches. (So you can be in prayer about my learning Spanish and about the lessons that Kari and I teach.)


When we were done with the singing, the lesson, and lunch, Kari and I played some soccer with some of the kids. It was a lot of fun. Even though I didn't (and still don't) know any of the older kids' names, soccer is something where that isn't important. I was still able to play (sort of, I had an attachment, a little girl) and it was fun!



I am definitely beinging to look forward to Saturdays and not feeling a little dread...

No comments: