Saturday, February 9, 2008

Life...

Sorry I haven't written in a while. Life has been pretty much the norm this last week - other than me being sick, but that really hasn't stopped me from doing anything.

I think the highlight of my week was Friday night. I babysat one of the missionary families (the Sappias) during the afternoon (starting at 2:30), then I was going to be there past supper. The other missionary family (the Kleiwers) that are here with the CMA invited Chuck & Robbi, Kari and I to have dinner with them. I told Kari to tell them I couldn't come since I was babysitting. Kari, however, decided she would come over and take over babysitting so I could go over to have dinner with everyone else.

Kari is such a sweetheart! I enjoyed being with the Kleiwers and the Fanbergs. This was the first time I really had a chance to hang out with the Kleiwers and get to know them even better. The food was AMAZING (homemade Italian!), the fellowship was great, and there was definitely plenty of fun to be had (although I don't know that Robbi would fully agree with me - we had some uninvited guests join us).

Then I ended the night by going back to the Sappias to play games and watch movies with Kari, Clay, and Lisa. Overall the day was a lot of fun.


Also exciting - maybe - is the fact that Kari and I were video taped this morning for the CMA video magazine (I think that's what it is). The Sappia family was picked to be interviewed and highlighted in the magazine as the new missionaries, but they decided to also a little blurb on the OnMission program, so they joined us at the Comedor (and from what I understand they'll join us on Tuesday for teaching English). All the kids love getting their picture taken, so it was fun for them. Kari and I weren't really sure what to do, but we made it...So that's the exciting thing of the week...

1 comment:

Jeff and Lisa Olson said...

Glad your feeling better!

Praying for you-grace, joy and peace as you serve God!