Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Warm Welcome

Well I haven't seen all my friends yet (in fact I haven't seen any of my closest friends), but today I went to the Alliance church in San Francisco de Dos Rios and saw some friends. The had a nice warm welcome for me! They didn't know I was coming (well they knew I was in going to be CR, but not that I was stopping by the church today), and so they were surprised and excited! It was SO fun to see a few friends. I also had lunch with my pastor and his family (I am considered a daughter/sister in their family). The two boys who were home (the third was in classes so I haven't seen him) were very happy to see me again - especially when they saw I came bearing gifts of chocolate chip cookies (they always want my cookies). Then I moved back in with the family I lived with during my time here before (I am staying with them while I'm here).

It is SO good to be back and know that, although it has been 10 months since I was last here, in many ways it feel as though no time has passed. When we have Christ uniting us, time and space doesn't matter. I cannot say it enough times, I am so glad to be here, especially after such a warm welcome by family and friends. I can't wait until I actually see my other friends (and I still don't know when that will be, I haven't found out when they are free yet).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jessica,
Praise the Lord you have arrived safely,and with such joy in your heart!You can tell you are so at peace when you are in Costa Rica, and you can tell God made this to be your "home away from home". You love the country and the people, as you know God has made you to be a part of them and gave you such a heart for His people in Costa Rica:)

I totally agree about being with believers around the world having a beautiful way of uniting you, as if no time had passed since you had been there last! I love how God unites His people, because believers all have the same heart, no matter where you are!

Enjoy your trip! We are praying for your time in Costa Rica, that the Lord will give you a time of reflection, rest, and time soaking in His presence:)

For the Kingdom,
Kristy and Keith