Thursday, April 8, 2010

Off Again

In a few hours' time I shall be on a plane once again, this time headed to Nicaragua. I am excited and a little nervous. The team I am working with is a medical mission team. This will be my first. I joke that this will be an interesting trip because translating medical terms will be hard since I don't know too much of the medical terms in English, let alone in Spanish. But I trust that God will be able to use each one of us depsite the language (medical and English/Spanish).

Thank you so much for yor prayers. Please pray for safe travel for me, the team, and the other translators. (Since the group is about 30 people, there will be 3 other translators, the missionary I worked under in Costa Rica, the pastor who was like my Costa Rican father, and a missionary who was at the language institute in Costa Rica while I was there). Pray for the translating and the work to be done. God is bigger than us all, and I know He has great things in store.

Well, that's all for now as I need to eat and do the final preparations before I head out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jessica,
We are praying for you every step of the way! As you said, God has great things in store for this mission! He will guide you and your team every step of the way, and we give thanks to the Lord, as we know His plan is perfectly crafted!

We are so excited for you,and the mission you are embarking on! Praise the Lord, for He has prepared the hearts of those that you will minister to. May all those you encounter feel the love of Jesus as you minister to them!

Prayerfully,
Keith and Kristy Kes