Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Next Group

I realize I haven't been doing a very good job of keeping up with what I've been doing during my time here...I'm SUPER sorry for that. When the groups are here, I'm busy almost ALL the time with them, and when I'm not working with groups, I'm off doing other things.

Last weekend I spent about 2 days in Chepen. It was a VERY short trip, but I was able to talk about the next group and what some of the plans are for them. Just a little background. The next group that is coming is from Ohio. It's a district-wide missions trip so we will be having 180 people here. We are taking them to 4 locations, one of those locations is Chepen. We will be having 27 people (from 2 churches) in Chepen (plus me and anther intern), so almost 30 people!! I'm so excited for having them all come and help further the church there. I think this will be a GREAT encouragement for everyone. We will working on putting the roof over the part of the church that is currently finished.

If you could be praying for this time. The hotel that we stayed at last year will be able to hold us all (YAY!!), but for the meals it could be a little difficult with such a large group. Our lunches will be at Pastor Juan and Martha's house, which really isn't all that big and could hardly hold our group of 10. Our dinners will be eating in restaurants, which in Chepen really aren't that big either. Pray for the ladies who will be cooking our food, that they won't get stressed over the number of people coming. Pray for the church to not be overwhelmed meeting so many gringos all at one time. Pray for the groups as they prepare to come and that while here we can bond as 1 team, completely united. Pray for me and Patrick (the other intern whom I have yet to meet) that we will do good at leading the groups and keeping communication open between the 2 of us and the pastors and the groups. Finally, pray for me, as far as I know, Patrick doesn't know Spanish - or at least not much - and I'm not sure on the groups either, so please pray that communicating for 28 other people will not be too much for me.

I'm really excited about this opportunity to share Chepen with another group of people whom I hope will fall in love with them as well and will consider returning to help in the years to come! (Especially as a cement floor is REALLY needed as the last time I was in Chepen my arms got bitten way too much and I still have the bumps and itches to prove it!)

Thank you for your continued love and support!

3 comments:

Dave & Sue Lloyd said...

Hey Kiddo!!
Just a note to let you know that we are praying for you this week as we have been in previous weeks but with all the translating tht you will be doing we will be praying extra!! You will be one busy girl but know you will be enjoying your time there as well!! Wish we could be there with you!
I know that others are praying for you too!! For those of you that are reading this blog, please sign on and let Jessica and the team and the church family of Chepen know you are praying!! Thanks

Love you and miss you
mom

AliCia LloYd said...

hey you,
hope you brought a big bottle of advil for those headaches! best of luck with the translating i hope there will be extra help some where. have fun and dont forget to wear ur hard hats :)

love you

Lakeville Vertical said...

I spoke with your mom today. She told me about all the translating that you are responsible for. What a blessing you are to those that cannot communicate. You have a wonderful gift and I know that you will be rewarded someday in glory for all that you are doing for God's kingdom. You are a wonderful role model for my children and they pray for you often as do I. I hope that someday my sassy little one's will be able to follow in your foot steps and follow God's will for their lives as you have. Blessings to you! :)