Thursday, July 31, 2008

Leaving...

Hey family and friends...sorry it has been a LONG time since I last wrote. I feel that is how I've started all my blogs since arriving in Peru, but I assure you it's not for lack of things to write about, on the contrary, I have TOO many things to write about and I'm busying DOING them all the time! But as my time is winding down (unfortunately), I feel as though I need to write again.

I am currently working with the 2nd Riverside group. We are having a GREAT time. We have a little more variety in our schedule with this group. We are doing some construction (definitely NOT like the last team with tearing down a building, but rather clearing out the rocks, dirt, cement, and garbage that was covering the lots). We are also doing some painting of a study center for some children, plus a little work at the recycle house. These are all our morning activities, in the afternoon, we have been working with the Nor Oeste church on a VBS program, mostly helping out the troop leaders. That has been fun, especially getting to know kids after spending 2-2 1/2 hours 4 days of the week with them. It's been fun and special. Then the nights have consisted of door to door evangelism, small groups, or fun times with the leaders of the church. So we have had some CRAZY busy schedules!!

This team will be heading out Sunday morning by plane and Kari and will follow Sunday night by bus. I do not look forward to leaving. As many of you know, I love Peru. Every time I come, I never want to leave, yet each time I must. This time is even harder as I have met SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people and have built SSSSOOOOOOOO many friendships. I have realized that in 2 1/2 months in Peru I have met and build more friendships than I have in 6 months in Costa Rica. That's not to say I don't like CR and don't have any friends, it's just the difference in cultures and people. The friends I have in CR are GREAT and I love them to death, but it's not the same. Especially since in Peru I have met friends my own age, a HUGE bonus, something I didn't realize I missed until I got here. All this said, I know my time here in Peru has almost come to a close (at least for this year ;) ) and I know my responsibilities are in CR. Please be praying for me as I transistion back to CR. Pray that I will be able to jump right back into things full heartedly. Pray for me as I know I will become lonely after returning to CR, as I won't have tons of friends around ALL the time, but also as Kari returns to the States shortly after returning to CR, Chuck and Robbi will be heading to MN help their daughter move into college and visit their sons and families, and as a missionary family that are my good friends will be moving to Mexico City - all happening within a week and a half of my returning.

Also, please pray for my parents as they are coming to visit me for a week shortly after I return to CR. This highlight is definitely something to return to CR for!!

3 comments:

alicia lloyd said...

hey girl,

you are making me sappy and teary-eyed talking about how wonderful peru was for you this summer. i cant even imagine how it is for you to leave them all :[
i love you! you wont be lonely or homesick for long, mommy and daddy are coming to the rescue!!

love,
lil sis

Jeff and Lisa Olson said...

Hope your enjoying time with family!!!

Kathy said...

Jess,

My family and I are praying for you! I miss Peru too! God bless you in CR, maybe I'll see you again in PERU.

Love,Kathy (from the Somerset Alliance group)