Tuesday, June 24, 2008

MN Group!

Kari and I just finished working with a group from MN working on another church site. This project has been the most physically demanding project thus far, but a project I really enjoyed doing. Not only was the group from Riverside a GREAT group of people to work with, but there was plenty of support from the Nor Oeste church as well. As you can see from the following pictures, we started with a building, and ended the week with open land (and a few bricks and dirt). The church as purchased this property, but in order to build their church, they needed to tear down the current building. It looked like a lot of work in the beginning, but we were able to get a lot farther than I orginially thought.





Some of the work was rather teadious, such as cleaning off all the bricks one by one and moving them from one location on site to another, then loading them and moving them to another site. But the end result was great! Kari and I came home every day covered in dust and made the people who work at the house we are staying at laugh because we were beginning to look like Peruvians. Overall, as far as work is concerned, I think this was my favorite project...I really feel as though something was accomplished (not that I don't think the other groups accomplished things, because, believe me, they did, but after being able to a lot of hard physical labor, it just feels as though more was done, especially looking at it was before, and what it is after).

Here are a few more pictures to help you see what the week looked like!!













(I'll try adding more later, I just ran out of time...)

2 comments:

Nathan and Sandra Kliewer said...

Costa Rica misses you girls, when are you coming back to us!!!

Unknown said...

JESSICA ES INJUSTO PORQUE HAY FALTA MI FOTO YO TAMBIEN ESTUVE TRABAJANDO.. :-(