Thursday, May 29, 2008

Peru Mission Team 1, Goodbye

Well, the first mission team of Peru has left. I have decided it will be a very emotional summer. I will be saying goodbye a lot this summer. But I have also come to realize that the life of a missionary will consist of many goodbyes. That also means, however, that there will be many Hellos and many new friends to meet along the way!

It was sad to say goodbye to another group who as become like family, not the same type of family as the WA group, but a family still (since no 2 families are the same). It is great knowing that I have people in PA to visit and who will let me stay with them if/when I am able to visit (or at least they tell me I'll have a few homes to visit)!

Please be praying for everyone on the team. Please pray their fire/passion is strong, not only for their mission experience, but for God and that the fire will be noticable in their lives to the people around them. Please pray as they prepare to present to their church, that the words they speak will sink into those that weren't able to come and their church would be able to see what they did, but more importantly, what God did.

THANKS!!

PS. Another prayer request from CR. I received an e-mail from one of the missionary students about how there has been a lot of attacks on the missionary students - a lot of robberies at gun or knife point, as well as break-ins. Please pray for safety and strength for the students, as well as peace that the Lord will protect them and their family. Also, pray for encouragement. I can only imagine how hard this is for them (especially since many families have small children). At the beginning of their missionary experience, this could make them wonder why they are doing this, pray they will stay strong in their faith.
Thanks again!

No comments: