Saturday, June 6, 2009

Roblealto

For 6 days I went to help out at a Daycare for underprivileged families. I was assigned to work in the nursery. I will admit that I did not have the best attitude about it...what good would it do for me to go for 6 days? Just when I would get comfortable with the people and the children, it would be time to leave, was it going to be worth filling 6 full days with Roblealto when I could be packing and getting things taken care of????

As it turned out, I really enjoyed it. I learned about the children within the first day. I connected really well the teacher of the nursery. One or two of the children and I bonded really well. It was good to know that I was able to relieve some of the work for the teacher for those 6 days. I do know if I am able to come back to Costa Rica for another extended time period, I will definitely look up working with Roblealto again. It was definitely a special place for me!

No comments: