Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In Peru Once More!

well, I am currently waiting to get on the plane, so after a couple hard days of saying goodbye, I am gone... It doesn't feel real yet... It was a good (if not extremely busy) last couple days. My emocions are all out of wack... I am sad to leave, however excited to go to Peru.

Since starting this blog, I have arrived in Peru. It is definitely good to be back. I always enjoy being with the Peruvian people and in the Peruvian churches. I was able to rest a bit, which has definitely helped! (Since I didn´t sleep the night before coming, it was over 48 hours since I had slept by the time I got to Pastor Marco´s house and was able to sleep!) Then I was able to tour the church I will be working at. We started clearing the lot last year, and in the last couple weeks, they have been able to start construction. They have the foundation dug and quite a few columns put up. They are not real sure what exactly the team will be doing as the foundation is a more exact project (we don´t want the church to clapse on top of people). But it is definitely exciting to watch a church being built and know that what I am helping build has the potential to change people´s lives and affect a change so much bigger than myself!

Today, 2 of my good friends from Trujillo also stopped by for a visit. It was so good to see them again after a year away! It also helps me to be more excited about being here...friends always have a way of making someone feel at home! (and also fill holes in the heart!)

I look forward to filling you in as the progress continues on the church at Nor Oeste, as well as the other projects I will be helping with!!!

No comments: