Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm Going Home!!!

As many of you know, my home church has a sister church in Peru that we have been helping out for the last 2 years...in various ways. Well, our church invited the pastor and his family to visit our church in October. For multiple reasons, it's very hard for a Peruvian to get a US visa, so our church, their church, and others have been praying for a while that they would get their visas. After various problems, they were finally able to get to the US Embassy in Peru to interview for their visas. To be honest, I did have my doubts and fears, but thankfully, after a representative called my home church and talked with my pastor, they approved Pastor Juan and family for a visa!!

I am SUPER excited about this. I think it will be great to have Pastor Juan and family visit our church and meet this church who is the sister church for them. I also think it will be a GREAT way for my home church to see for themselves what the work in Chepen, Peru means and meet someone from the church, and KNOW that it's for real, it's not just some place in South America, in Peru, but it's REAL. Maybe...hopefully...we could get a lot more people involved in missions, both in Chepen and around our church.

However, I am excited for other reasons as well...I will admit that for personal reasons I'm excited about being able to go home as well. I'm excited to visit people, who by that time, I won't have seen for 10 months! Plus, I'll be able to help Pastor Juan and family travel and support them during a time of HUGE changes and lots of emotion (I at least I'm guessing since this trip will be filled with many FIRSTS for all of them!!)

Anyways, this is more that you can be praying about. Planning, traveling, experiencing, everything that could be related to this coming together!!

No comments: